The NHF Idaho Chapter's Financial Assistance Program (FAP) is part of our continuing effort to improve quality of life of individuals and families affected by bleeding disorders. The purpose of the Financial Assistance Program (FAP) is to provide financial support to members of our community in our continuing effort to improve the quality of life of our community. NHF Idaho provides financial support, based on availability of funding, ,to help defray the costs of:
- Expenses incurred in the care, treatment, or prevention of a bleeding disorder;
- Funeral expenses
- Health Insurance Premiums
- Emergency transportation services to HTC's Basic living expenses emergencies; and
- Other related expenses determined to be appropriate by the NHF Idaho (rent, mortgage, utilities, etc.)
Applicants for financial assistance will need to meet the following criteria
- Be a resident of Idaho and/or receive treatment from the local Hemophilia Treatment Center (HTC). Residents outside of Idaho will not be eligible and should contact their local chapter for assistance.
- Be a parent or caregiver of a minor child who lives in your home and who has a diagnosis of a bleeding disorder OR be an individual diagnosed with a bleeding disorder.
- Complete the Financial Assistance Application and meet the financial need requirements of the Financial Assistance Program policy
- The Idaho Chapter of NHF recommends requesting assistance from at least two (2) other agencies before applying to the Idaho Chapter of NHF for funding. Please provide any relevant contact information for those agencies and the status of your request
Applicants should allow at least 14 business days for NHF Idaho to process their request.
Assistance is limited to one grant per calendar year, per household, with a maximum of $500 being available for financial assistance.
NHF Idaho cannot provide funding directly to the individual applicant(s). Disbursements will be made directly to vendors identified in the application that have been verified by NHF Colorado